Monster Monday: White Lady

SEA'ns, not saiyans!
A bunch of my friends and I have decided to turn October into the month of #RPGSEA. The idea of the hashtag is for us to see if there is a viable community of Tabletop RPG players that can be formed from the various countries of Southeast Asia. To that end, we'll keep posting with the hashtag, and hopefully other SEA'ns will follow suit.

As it also happens to be October, the task that was given to me was to revive my #MonsterMonday posts with a focus on Filipino monsters. So for today, (it's still Monday in some part of the world, right?) I will post about an iconic horror monster that I haven't done before - the white lady!

The main reason why I haven't done the white lady before now was because they were an idea space that was already occupied by the ghost and the banshee. But as it happens, I am working on an adventure right now that needs CR 1 incorporeal undead, (I forgot that specters existed, okay) so I decided to give the white lady a go.








OPTIONAL SYSTEMS

ETERNAL WANDERER

A white lady that is brought to 0 hit points dissipates, but returns as a white lady once more on the next new moon. She may or may not remember the events that occurred in previous unlives. 

PAKTUL

Babaylan who practice the art of paktul usually choose a white lady as her captive spirit. The babaylan can perform the spirit binding forcefully, (an act that might cause a loss of Utang) but more often than not she persuades the white lady to willfully bind herself, on the promise that she will help her cross to Sulad once her services are complete. As normal for a paktul, this process involves finding the skull of the deceased and etching the binding runes onto it.

***

Comments

Popular Posts

Manila Encounters

COCKAMANIA!